Saturday, June 11, 2022

No.328 - Why do people who believe in God or the Buddha lose their faith when unforeseen event happen to them?

 


Why do people who believe in God or the Buddha lose their faith when unforeseen event happen to them?

 

 I was teaching Tai Chi to an old lady and her daughter at 5.30 pm one day. Half way through the lesson, the sky turned dark and followed by a heavy downpour. They looked worry for me.

 The mother said to me, "You haven't brought an umbrella with you. I will lend it to you after the lesson."

 "You don't have to worry. By 7pm you will see the change in the weather."

 Of course they didn't believe me. At 7 pm, the rain had stopped. They  stared at me and wanted to say something.

Before they opened their mouths, I said," I have a very strong faith with my Dharma protectors. They have never let me down. What is the use of believing that there is a God or the Buddha, if you begin to panic when unforeseen event has happened. The mutual trust must be there. The spiritual cultivation has to be real as you put much effort to it. The triple Gem is always there to protect and safeguard you."

No comments: