Monday, April 6, 2020

No.243 - Sharing Dhamma from the verses of the senior nuns


Sharing Dhamma from the verses of the senior nuns

the book of the fives

5.5. Nanduttarā

In the past I worshiped the sacred flame,
the moon, the sun, and the gods.
Having gone to a river ford,
I plunged into the water.

Undertaking many vows,
I shaved half my head.
Preparing a bed on the ground,
I ate no food at night.

I loved my ornaments and decorations;
and with baths and oil-massages,
I pandered to this body,
racked by desire for pleasures of the senses.

But then I gained faith,
and went forth to homelessness.
Truly seeing the body,
desire for sensual pleasure is eradicated.

All rebirths are cut off,
wishes and aspirations too.
Detached from all attachments,
I've attained peace of heart.

No comments: